Tuesday, May 1, 2007

Hope for the Hokies

I've had an easy life.

No grand story of suffering at the hands of evil-doers. No epic battle leaving me bruised and scared.

Yet sin left it's mark on me...death, a crushing blow from which there is no earthly recovery.

Tonight I was reminded again of the Hope that is stored up within me. A hope that knows no bounds and never runs short of power. That Hope is in Jesus Christ, the One who paid my debt and rescued me from sin and death!

I read Louie Giglio's blog tonight (http://www.268blog.blogspot.com/) about the recent on-campus worship service recently at VT. There is mighty power to influence in the depths of suffering. Lord, use the junk of this sinful, broken world to stir up the hearts of the hopeless. Use us to shine your Marvelous Light into dark places, to break loose the chains and set free the captives!

There is none like you, Jesus!

No comments:

Isaiah 40:26

Lift your eyes and look to the heavens: Who created all these? He who brings out the starry host one by one, and calls them each by name. Because of his great power and mighty strength, not one of them is missing.

Coolest Things of the Day...

  • I am now the College-Age Minister at my church...Wow, do I need Jesus!