Saturday, December 22, 2007

Blessed Be Your Name...


The Matt Redman song "Blessed Be Your Name" is a tremendous anthem of God's sufficiency. He is the Indescribable God, whether our lives are running smooth or we hit some rocks.

I'm feeling a little rocky today.

My new business venture is disappointing. My plans for seminary and really plowing into the Community Group project at our church will be delayed, and my work load on our other business (and probably the need for another business) will go up significantly.

More concerning to me is my feeling today I can only call weary and just wanting to sit. I so prefer my typical way of life, positive, challenging, bright, encouraging others in the Lord.

In the Bible, James tells us to "Consider it a sheer gift, friends, when tests and challenges come at you from all sides. You know that under pressure, your faith-life is forced into the open and shows its true colors. So don't try to get out of anything prematurely. Let it do its work so you become mature and well-developed, not deficient in any way." James 1:2-4, The Message.

Man, doesn't that so go against our will? If you are like me, you want to fix it, and fix it NOW! So, knowing that I am not God, I did not create the universe, and I do not know what is coming or what I will need to handle it...I choose to Bless the Name of our God through the Son, Jesus, when my life is easy and when there is tougher time.

So, I choose maturity and to, in our Heavenly Father's loving hands, be molded into a well-developed follower, sufficient in Him in every way. Lord, help me to learn quickly and not forget!

He is the One who called me into His marvelous story! Then called me again to step into the path of spending more of my time investing in His Kingdom by building others up (vocational ministry). He is sufficient, and I will trust Him!

All for His Fame! jack

2 comments:

April said...

I know circumstances are tough now, but God is still God. I'm so blessed (in every sense of the word) to have a husband that chooses to seek and worship God even in the tough times. Remember, He rewards those who earnestly seek Him.

I love you!

Sydney

Unknown said...

I love to see the examples of encouragement you are to your "Princess". Your suffering is producing a harvest of righteousness.

Your heart for Jesus is inspiring to others!

Isaiah 40:26

Lift your eyes and look to the heavens: Who created all these? He who brings out the starry host one by one, and calls them each by name. Because of his great power and mighty strength, not one of them is missing.

Coolest Things of the Day...

  • I am now the College-Age Minister at my church...Wow, do I need Jesus!