Monday, March 3, 2008

Daily Prayer - Today's Edition


Heavenly Father, You are Great! There is no one like You! Who else can hold the universe in the palm of His hand? Did any other "god" create the earth and stars and all that are in them with a word? Did anyone else make man in His image but You? And You didn't stop there, You showed Your overpowering love in rescuing us, me, from our just penalty of sin and rebellion - You sent the Son, Jesus, to bring all who put their faith and trust in You from death to Life!

Father, I bow before You this morning in humility. Who am I to come before You? Only You have made me eligible, through Jesus, to approach. And You said I can come to you with boldness and confidence, as one washed clean by the blood of the Lamb!

So I start my day with You. Your Word will stand forever. I read of the Rich Young Ruler this morning. Lord, may my heart be set on You, today. I desire to be supple in Your hands, a willing servant, belonging to you through Jesus. May nothing keep me from belonging to You today, to serving You fully, from engaging my heart in Your life and Kingdom.

Father, I choose Your deal ahead of my deal. Jesus did it; in the time before the Cross He knew what was coming...He wasn't desiring to be crushed, but He desired to get into Your redeeming, revealing, revolutionary will above all. I can only obey like Jesus did by Your power within me. I am weak, but You are strong.

Yes, You are strong. Father, You already know all I need. You know my business struggles. You know my folks are both sick and old and in the hospital now for a month. You know how this is putting a strain on my wife. You know the people I teach at church calling on me to help them. You know my friends who are struggling: my bud in the hospital and his bride and the struggles with his son and how that is pulling their family from you; my bro. in lefty TX and his family and their needs; my bro here with work up the the eyeballs and a question about what to do next; my friend who thought he could do it without the "church"; my fiend struggling with life in total and a family fraying at the seems... You know the responsibilities on my at church, our building campaign, my weekly gig, the conference talk coming up... You know my brothers are lost without Jesus. You know my weakness in not seeing stuff right in my own home and expecting stuff to work out...you know how I am shortest with my awesome bride even though I don't want to be.

Praise Your Name! You see my frailty and love me anyway. This setup shows off Your greatness rather than mine. I depend on You. I am desperate without You. If You don't show up, I am sunk. Protect our home, my wife and girls. Provide for our income. Give me Wisdom, Lord, for I need You!

May my life, our life, our home, our business, our ministry, be a glorious offering to you, Heavenly Father. In Jesus Name I pray, Amen.

Isaiah 40:26

Lift your eyes and look to the heavens: Who created all these? He who brings out the starry host one by one, and calls them each by name. Because of his great power and mighty strength, not one of them is missing.

Coolest Things of the Day...

  • I am now the College-Age Minister at my church...Wow, do I need Jesus!