Monday, July 7, 2008

1,215 brave reenlist...in Bagdad, on July 4, 2008



Well, if you know me very well, you know I love Jesus, and I belong to Him!

You probably also know that I love America, the Greatest Nation on Earth! (Just for perspective, all the nations, indeed all creation in the whole Universe and beyond, all were made by Jesus and for Him...and He made me to live in America, and live here I will!)

Today, I saw a clip of the largest reenlistment ceremony yet in the 232 year history of our nation. 1,215 Soldiers, Sailors, Airmen and Marines reenlisted on July 4, 2008 inside the former Al Faw Palace palace of Saddam Hussein, in Iraq.

There are members of all services, representing all 50 states. These Patriots took the oath administered by Gen. David Petraeus, Commander of Multi-National Forces Iraq.

These are the brave and the strong, willing to live and to die to defend the freedoms we enjoy in America. Willing to live and die for their brothers in arms by their sides...

I am humbled, and grateful. (And choking up...every time I watch it.)

Thank you, Lord, for allowing me to live in America.

Thank you, 1,215, and the 1.45 million or so Soldiers, Sailors, Airmen and Marines who allow me to live free in our land.

All for His Fame! paul

p.s. here are the three videos I found that have the entire ceremony, posted by MilBlogs on YouTube...

Baghdad, July 4th 2008 - largest re-up ceremony in history


Baghdad, 4 July '08 - largest re-up ceremony in history pt 2


Baghdad, July 4 '08 - largest reup ceremony in history pt 3

No comments:

Isaiah 40:26

Lift your eyes and look to the heavens: Who created all these? He who brings out the starry host one by one, and calls them each by name. Because of his great power and mighty strength, not one of them is missing.

Coolest Things of the Day...

  • I am now the College-Age Minister at my church...Wow, do I need Jesus!