Friday, July 25, 2008

At the Start...He was there




I like adventure.

But not tooooo much adventure, right? That might be too risky, or too much work.

The coolest adventure I can think of was done by God. He created the universe. He made us and put us on this blue ball of dirt, with His own breath in our lungs.

That was cool!

Then, after we went subversive on God, choosing rebellion over intimacy, He embarked on Mission Impossible. God sent His own Son to pay for our rebellion, and rescue us from certain death and destruction.

That was really cool!

Our little adventure with God continues. A couple weeks ago, I started as the Minister to College-Age-Stage people at my church, Trinity. I love that stage of life. It is where Jesus intersected my life and performed that ultimate rescue operation! It was then that the value of Community in God's Family was demonstrated in my life, and I will never be the same. It was then I saw that Truth is a Person, Jesus, and my life will work as intended, wild and free, as I submit to His leadership and Word.

I will admit, I'm a bit scared. God will have to show up and display His power, or this Movement will flop. I have more than plenty to do already, yet I know that where my Heavenly Father is moving and leading, The Adventure is wild and wonderful. He is leading us here. He is moving in every life on Planet Earth. And that includes in the College-Age-Stage men and women in our corner of the world.

Do you feel like an adventure?

If so, let us join together in THE Great Adventure: God followers, running after Jesus!

All for His Fame! paul

2 comments:

April said...

I read this verse the other day and thought of our ministry.
"and he said, Listen, all Judah and the inhabitants of Jerusalem and King Jehoshaphat: thus says the LORD to you, 'Do not fear or be dismayed because of this great multitude, for the battle is not yours but God's.'" ~ 2 Chron. 20:15

I know the task seems overwhelming, but the ministry is not ours but God's! And he "always leads us in His triumph in Christ, and manifests through us the sweet aroma of the knowledge of Him in every place [such as college campuses]." ~2 Cor. 2:14

I am confident God will use you (us) for His triumphant purposes if we but trust and follow Him!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on starting your college-age ministry! My wife and I have been doing similar things for 4 years now, and it's very challenging, but we love our college-age friends.

FYI, I've found some really helpful (and mostly free) resources for church-based college ministry at www.collegeleader.org

Hope this helps.

Steve

Isaiah 40:26

Lift your eyes and look to the heavens: Who created all these? He who brings out the starry host one by one, and calls them each by name. Because of his great power and mighty strength, not one of them is missing.

Coolest Things of the Day...

  • I am now the College-Age Minister at my church...Wow, do I need Jesus!